Wagging tails and the warm fuzzies await the applicant hired for our Kennel Attendant/Customer Service position.
Responsibilities include sanitizing and maintaining the pet areas, greeting customers and counseling them on adoptions, assisting callers, receiving incoming pets, taking pet history, temperament testing, and vaccinating incoming pets.
Must have excellent verbal skills, organizational abilities and be detail-oriented. Internal or external customer service experience is a plus.
Position is part-time. Regular hours, subject to occasional change as needed, are:
Tuesday- Friday 9am – 1pm
Saturday 8am – 1pm
Position requires weekends and holiday hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
– Heavy lifting 50 – 60 pounds;
– Standing and walking on concrete floors throughout the day (few, if any, opportunities to sit while working);
– Bending to lift supplies, pets, and bending to clean;
– Lifting/Carrying small and large pets, heavy bags of pet food and supplies;
– Reaching overhead to get supplies from shelves, clean high areas, and remove pets from upper cages;
– Strong cleaning chemicals, such as bleach, are used daily.
Application and Background Release Form accepted in person only at: DFW Humane Society 4140 Valley View Lane Irving, Texas 75038 972-721-7788 APPLICATION HOURS: WED, THURS, FRI 11AM-5:45PM, SAT 11AM-4PM