Message of the Day
IAS NEEDS CAT HANDLERS
6pm-7pm FRI May 3 - PetsMart Valley Ranch
1pm-3pm SAT May 4 - PetsMart Valley Ranch
3pm-5pm SAT May 4 - PetsMart Valley Ranch
4pm-6pm SAT May 4 - PetsMart Valley RancH
1pm-3pm SUN May 5 - PetsMart Valley Ranch
3pm-5pm SUN May 5 - PetsMart Valley Ranch
4p-530p SUN May 5 - PetsMart Valley Ranch
IAS NEEDS DOG HANDLERS
930a-115p SAT May 4 - PetsMart Airport Freeway at Esters
930a-115p SUN May 5 - PetsMart Airport Freeway at Esters
100p-430p SUN May 5 - PetsMart Airport Freeway at Esters
DFWHS NEEDS CAGE CLEANING HELP
800a-10a SAT May 4 - at the shelter; staff will train you at 8am.
Please sign up on Register for Events so leader can see team names.
Updated - 05/03/2013
The DFW Humane Society Needs Volunteers
Our volunteers are our most important asset and they do a remarkable job for the animals, the shelter, and its programs.
If you would like to join with us in helping the animals get homes, educate the public, or help fund raise, this is what you need to do:
- You must be 18 years old or accompanied by your legal guardian or be working with a youth group with teachers/counselors.
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours per year to assist the DFW Humane Society in "Helping Us Help Them."
- Complete the DFW Humane Society Volunteer Waiver (.DOC) or Volunteer Waiver (.PDF)
- Complete the IAS Liability Waiver
- Click here to apply==>Volunteer Application
We Want and Need Your Support
The DFW Humane Society of Irving is a private, not-for-profit, animal protection organization serving the Metropolitan area since 1967. We receive NO government funding. We survive solely on private donations, estates, and grants.
Our low-cost Spay / Neuter certificates, a cooperative venture with many area veterinary clinics, are made available to the public to assist with the tragic overpopulation problem.
At an given time, the DFW Humane Society houses over 100 homeless animals with many more in foster and rescue homes. All of these animals deserve a good home. With your help, we can get them that good home.
Complete Orientation and Training is Essential for all Volunteers
DFWHS offers our Certified Volunteers
- to help at times that fit the volunteer’s personal schedule
- to help in ways that interest the volunteer
VARIETY - to choose the activities of interest to the volunteer, such as
- TLC, walk, socialize and bathe dogs
- TLC and socialize cats
- Show pets at adoption events
- Assist customers
- Help plan and/or work fun-raising events (garage sales, auctions, golf tournament, walkathon, food drives, penny drives, etc.)
- Perform art, graphics or computer skills
- Visit schools to teach pet care basics
- Lend clerical skills including preparing mass mailings
- Share general info about our shelter through our information booths at various events
Questions? Email the Volunteer Coordinator