Message of the Day
LOOK WHO GOT ADOPTED YESTERDAY -- 16 DFWHS PETS!
Click here for more info
IAS ADOPTION COUNT TBA. It was 8 and counting as of 1:30pm Saturday.
ALWAYS BE DILIGENT in your pet handling. Keep dogs away from one another to reduce risk of spreading any incubating upper-respiratory illness and to avoid confrontations.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!
11-08 DISASTER PREPAREDNESS FOR YOUR PETS by guest speaker
FRED SANDERSON, retired IAS Manager.
Sign up at Register for Events for DFWHS Volunteer Meeting
SPECIAL EVENTS HELP NEEDED - Shifts/details on Register for Events.
10-25 SATURDAY 8:30-10:00 PET BATHING with Laura Bookbinder
10-25 SATURDAY 10:00-12:00 STRUT YOUR MUTT registration/contest
10-25 SATURDAY 10:00-12:00 STRUT YOUR MUTT dog adoptions
10-25 SATURDAY 2:00- 4:00 CANAL FEST dog adoptions
10-25 SATURDAY 3 shifts PHOTO SHOOT with Keely Lynch
Updated - 10/19/2014
The DFW Humane Society Needs Volunteers
Our volunteers are our most important asset and they do a remarkable job for the animals, the shelter, and its programs.
If you would like to join with us in helping the animals find homes, educate the public, or help fund raise, this is what you need to do:
Bring the completed DFWHS and IAS waivers to Volunteer Orientation. The Volunteer Coordinator will schedule your class.
- You must be 18 years old or accompanied by your legal guardian or be working with a youth group with teachers/counselors.
Do you have a child (under 18 years old) who wishes to volunteer? If so, PLEASE READ THIS
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours per year to assist the DFW Humane Society in "Helping Us Help Them."
- Complete the DFW Humane Society Volunteer Waiver
- Complete the Irving Animal Services (IAS) Liability Waiver
- Register online==>Volunteer Application
We Want and Need Your Support
The DFW Humane Society of Irving is a private, not-for-profit, animal protection organization serving the Metropolitan area since 1967. We receive NO government funding. We survive solely on private donations, estates, and grants.
At an given time, the DFW Humane Society houses over 100 homeless animals with many more in foster and rescue homes. All of these animals deserve a good home. With your help, we can get them that good home.
Complete Orientation and Training is Essential for all Volunteers
DFWHS offers our Certified Volunteers
- to help at times that fit the volunteer’s personal schedule
- to help in ways that interest the volunteer
VARIETY - to choose the activities of interest to the volunteer, such as
- TLC, walk, socialize and bathe dogs
- TLC and socialize cats
- Show pets at adoption events
- Assist customers
- Help plan and/or work fun-raising events (garage sales, auctions, golf tournament, walkathon, food drives, penny drives, etc.)
- Perform art, graphics or computer skills
- Visit schools to teach pet care basics
- Lend clerical skills including preparing mass mailings
- Share general info about our shelter through our information booths at various events
Questions? Email the Volunteer Coordinator