Message of the Day
Dallas Amazing Pet Expo is coming on May 10. Do you plan to work the booth as a volunteer? If so, we're putting together a car pool.
If you need a ride, or can provide a lift to your fellow volunteers, please click here. Car Pool Car pool
DFWHS go mobile in The PAW - PET ADOPTION WAGON
APRIL 26 at Stein Mart, Lincoln Square, Arlington
Needed dog handlers
Needed adoption counselors
DFWHS INFO BOOTHS NEED HELP TOO
APRIL 26 at Stein Mart, S Cooper, Arlington
APRIL 26 at Stein Mart in Irving
APRIL 26 at Stein Mart in Hurst
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE APRIL 26 EVENTS AND FOR THE MAY 10 PET EXPO!
Thank you to all our amazing bakers and garage sale workers who made our spring bake sale/garage sale a success.
$743 garage sale
$207 bake sale
$114 David took his baked goodies to his office a day prior.
He brought the $$ and more baked goods to us for the sale.
Updated - 04/15/2014
The DFW Humane Society Needs Volunteers
Our volunteers are our most important asset and they do a remarkable job for the animals, the shelter, and its programs.
If you would like to join with us in helping the animals get homes, educate the public, or help fund raise, this is what you need to do:
- You must be 18 years old or accompanied by your legal guardian or be working with a youth group with teachers/counselors.
- Commit to a minimum of 40 hours per year to assist the DFW Humane Society in "Helping Us Help Them."
- Complete the DFW Humane Society Volunteer Waiver (.DOC) or Volunteer Waiver (.PDF)
- Complete the IAS Liability Waiver
- Click here to apply==>Volunteer Application
We Want and Need Your Support
The DFW Humane Society of Irving is a private, not-for-profit, animal protection organization serving the Metropolitan area since 1967. We receive NO government funding. We survive solely on private donations, estates, and grants.
At an given time, the DFW Humane Society houses over 100 homeless animals with many more in foster and rescue homes. All of these animals deserve a good home. With your help, we can get them that good home.
Complete Orientation and Training is Essential for all Volunteers
DFWHS offers our Certified Volunteers
- to help at times that fit the volunteer’s personal schedule
- to help in ways that interest the volunteer
VARIETY - to choose the activities of interest to the volunteer, such as
- TLC, walk, socialize and bathe dogs
- TLC and socialize cats
- Show pets at adoption events
- Assist customers
- Help plan and/or work fun-raising events (garage sales, auctions, golf tournament, walkathon, food drives, penny drives, etc.)
- Perform art, graphics or computer skills
- Visit schools to teach pet care basics
- Lend clerical skills including preparing mass mailings
- Share general info about our shelter through our information booths at various events
Questions? Email the Volunteer Coordinator